The Mechanical Anchor series is designed to join an oversized anchor to one end of reinforcing steel. The anchor has a machined taper thread which allows for quick alignment and engagement of the rebar. Mechanical Anchors often replace “hooked bars” in end termination applications. The oversized anchor is capable of exceeding the ACI, UBC, A970 and IBC building codes. The embedment lengths and pull out strengths are determined by the structural engineer in compliance with ACI 318.
Features and Benefits
- The net bearing area of the head, Abrg, meets or exceeds the 4x the nominal rebar area as required by ACI 318, ASTM A970 and ICC ES AC347.
- Replaces hooked bar and eliminates rebar congestion
- Exceeds ACI, UBC, A970, IBC, AS3600 building codes
- Provides greater design flexibility
- Fast and simplified installation of rebar
- Designed for 12mm (#4) through 43mm (#14)
- Available in Stainless Steel Duplex 2205
4XD MA Series - Carbon steel
|Part #||Rebar Size Metric||Rebar Size (US)||Rebar Size (Canada)||D1 (in)||D1 (mm)||L1 (in)||L1 (mm)||D2 (in)||D2 (mm)||L2 (in)||L2 (mm)||Finish||Weight (lbs)||Weight (kg)|
|MA13||12mm||#4||10M||1.25||32||.95||24||-||-||-||-||Plain||.2 lbs||.09 kg|
|MA16||16mm||#5||15M||1.50||38||1.10||28||-||-||-||-||Plain||.4 lbs||.18 kg|
|MA19||20mm||#6||20M||1.75||45||1.28||33||-||-||-||-||Plain||.8 lbs||.36 kg|
4XD MA Series - Stainless Steel
RHINO products shall be installed and used only as indicated in RHINO's product instruction sheets and training materials. Instruction sheets are available at www.rhinoconnections.com and from your RHINO customer service representative. Improper installation, misuse, misapplication or other failure to completely follow RHINO's instructions and warnings may cause product malfunction, property damage, serious bodily injury and death and/or void your warranty.